Friday, September 02, 2005

 

first day of school

The first day was exciting. I had to get up early in the morning , around 7:30 AM, unlike other days when I used to get up at 9 or so. We were going to have Spanish test, so I reviewed Spanish grammer at the last minute. Then headed to school with my other flatmates, one from Germany and one from the US.

In the school, we all got into the big auditorium. It was nice to see a lot of new faces, who I will be interacting with at least for the next 2 years and for years to come. We had the head of Spanish program say something in Spanish, I just didn't understand anything. So I raised my hand and used the famous phrase "No Entiendo". Everybody laughed. It was a funny moment. She then asked where I was from. When I said Nepal, she then said she was not surprised tha I didn't know Spanish.

We then had grammar test. I did ok. Actually less than OK but I am not worried because it is not like I knew a lot and did bad in the exam. I just didn't know a lot, so didn't expect to do good. The oral part was even worse. I hope, in 2 years, I will be able to nicely converse with someone in Spanish.

I met people from Portugal, France, US, Ireland, Greece, Lebanon and many other countries. It is truely a diverse class. Reminded me of my undergraduate college where there was such a diversity as well.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?